Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mirza Ghalib meets Syed Ahmed Khan amid mango aroma to change his thoughts-EP 7 THE MUGHAL ECLIPSE-fusionstories

A night mushairas was also arranged in the vast 
lawns of Naubat Khan at evening in Red Fort. Zauq and Bahadur Shah intoned their new piece of writings. 


Mirza Ghalib sang his new ghazals, which surely was depicting the miserable condition of Mughals at end days despite of apparent victory. He tried to wake all courtiers back from their dream of enjoying at the sacrifices of fighters.


Ghalib mourns on defeat at 1857
what ghalib think of first war of independence?


‘Chacha Ghalib, can I’ve meeting with you at your home?’ Syed Ahmed Khan approached Mirza Ghalib when candles were surrendering to dark.
Mirza Ghalib wiped his sweat, enjoyed another wine glass and tried to gaze him dozy.   
‘I’ll not write any forword…I …told…you…why…you bother me...again...aga...,’ Mirza Ghalib’s tongue was not aiding him.
‘I’m not here for it…after Eid I’ve to join back at Muradabad…,’

‘Then get married my boy…what's her name...let me...princess...,' 
'Chacha Ghalib....please..,' Syed Ahmed Khan got embarrassed.


 'It’s been long with books… Ghalib’s door is open for everyone…come whenever you want but without that translated book…world around is planning to fly in air in near future and our intellectuals are flying themselves in past…you better get marry…,’ Mirza Ghalib tried to get up but twist. Syed Ahmed held him.


'King Bahadur Shah has sent these crates for you,' just then a fort servant approached Ghalib.
'I don't know why these darlings are not appealing me tonight?' Ghalib moved forward. 
'Ripened sweet Mangoes of red fort...gift from mughal king...are going to lay in British lap...British lap...muqadar k harey....,' Mirza Ghalib waved to king at distance and made her way out of fort twisting among lit diyas.  

Syed Ahmed khan also seek permission from king Bahadur Shah Zafar, 
Crown Prince Mirza Mughal and Prince khizar sultan and came out of Delhi gate. 

'What!' A meeting with Asadullah Khan Ghalib, a famous Urdu and Persian 
poet of 19th century. You must be kidding, Sir Syed Ahmed Khan!' Murtaza jumped up with excitement
In no time Syed Ahmed Khan reached at the big airy house in a congested street of a Delhi.  Most of the streets were deserted because of brawls in the city.
       As soon as he entered the room, the smell of ink, piles of bind and unbind books and bulk of papers overwhelmed their nerves. The room was over burdened with wooden wrecks and closets. Mirza Ghalib was reading and answering letters from all over India. 
         His poetic work was prominent on the papers on the walls.

'Ah, Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, what a fresh breeze your arrival has given me in the suffocated atmosphere all around,' Mirza Ghalib warmly welcomed him as he didn’t remembered last night’s conversation.
 ‘Adaab,’ Syed Ahmed handled few papers to make place to sit. 



‘I know you’re gloomy on my rejection to pen a foreword on Ain e Akbari. After all you put a lot of efforts and time to translate the constitution of three centuries old constitution amid working in British office with new norms. If you’re here to seek any favor then… ,’

‘No, not at all, I’m here to seek an advice…,’

‘Advice….,’ Ghalib cackled that his teeth were out of his jaws.

mirza ghalib effect on syed ahmed khan
MIRZA GHALIB AND SIR SYED AHMED KHAN
‘I wonder you still need more advice. My letter was full of it already. I think you didn’t go through it,’ he continued laughing.

‘I read it more of anything else in recent years, chacha but it took time to comprehend it,’ Syed Ahmed Khan was still serious.    

              ‘Ahmed writers and poets have been very sensitive to changes in the society? We feel it worse than anyone else. I feel that one day or other, we would have to accept the deep-seated changes of this world. I don’t think it’s that bad to promote and follow up-to-the-minute with the fusion of our traditions. Western industrial revolution should fix our mindset too for future. Just let rest the dead people and laws in their graves and sense beyond the future. Accept the changing realities of the universe before they let you rest in the graves of in nominates. The frogs should come out of well to taste the ample oceans of science, skills and law of British,’



‘That’s what you got my dear...education…modern, up to date education…awareness with new-fangled skills that are the only weapon which can stand back us against our enemy. I witness the passion in you for your nation but I tried to pave it on right direction. I should learn and seek from development and evolution of western community,' Ghalib ended when door opened with creak.


Ghalib’s servant entered the room holding a tray. The aroma of ripened sliced mangoes filled in air.

‘Why I eat too much mangoes when they’re said to be with sizzling hot consequences because as diamond cuts diamond same heat cuts heat. This is law of nature. Then what is lassi for?’ Ghalib pointed towards jug of lassi at sides. He seemed to fall in love again with his darlings. 


‘Just to soothe your nerves,’ he giggled.

‘First sharpen your claws according to rival’s temperament and then soothe your nerves with victory. What do you understand, my dear?’ Mirza Ghalib feasted with more than three slices in moment.
'Though I'm frustrated of revising, phrasing n explaining your ghazals at our Urdu text books but still I love you as we both have same taste buds,' Hassan instantly feasted with the fruit.         
             
‘I got your point well, Chaha Ghalib. I just came here to thank you to give a right boost to my baffled thoughts. Sometimes discouragement of our hard work spins our sentiments and fixes them on right point and at proper orbit. I'm seriously thinking that how can I put my part to mould the momentum of this society.’ Ghalib held a big mango slice.

‘I’m now planning to open a modern scientific school in Muradabad and Ghaziabad.  I’ll continue my work until each and every Muslim get aware of modern knowledge. I don’t know I would be able to do so or not? ’ Determination was obvious in Sir Syed Ahmed’s eyes.

‘Practical makes its way after long observations and theory buildings. I know only you can do it, Ahmed. I saw a through gentleman…an intellectual…a sympatric but yet foresighted vision in your writings. Your journals, comparison’s and literary work marked you at significant place at my heart. But it’s time to do some practical for your nation. Let this pen paper be with poets like us. I believe writers and teachers craft groundbreaking environment for the fruition of next

generations and you should be among teachers my dear.’ Mirza Ghalib held his pen to write replies of letters from different cities.

‘Look, my fans are urging me to write encouraging poetry for freedom fighters. They’ve sent hundreds of their pieces for review too….Ah… someone tell these day dreamers, Muslims ruled the world when their warriors were skilled with tools of learning. They were not fixed to past. They were eager to defeat the ignorance as in Muhammad (PBUH) oriented the Arabs and we’re just stuck on English and call it farangi language which is going to hit our religion..Ah…how learning can hit you negative…?’ Ghalib threw one letter asides.           

 ‘Muhammdan ….Anglo…oriental…school,’ an idea sparked in Syed Ahmed’s mind. He instantly wrote the name on paper.

‘What…what you just have said?’ Ghalib left writing.

‘I got it…I just got its name…grant me permission to leave…thanks for everything Chacha Ghalib,’ Syed Ahmed Khan came out.

The evening was cooler at Shahjhanabad. Red sun was veiling behind orange curtain. Syed Ahmed Khan exhaled in air.

‘I should start saving every penny from my income to meet my dream…a school…an university…for my people equipped with all tools…I’ll be teacher…I’ll be learner…I’ll pave the right direction no matter freedom fighters win or lost but I’ll pave a different direction towards success,’ he signaled the horse cart for ride.  

also see: A LETTER FROM GHALIB TO SYED AHMED KHAN


Only a hypocrite can offer praise
None know what I know of arts and letters
Open your eyes, and in this ancient halting place
Look at the sahibs of England
Look at the style and practices of these
See what laws and rules they made for all to see
What none ever saw, they have produced?
Science and skill grew at the hands of these skilled ones
There efforts overtook the efforts of the forebears,   
     'None knows to rule better than they
Justice and wisdom they’ve made as one
The fire that one brought out from straw
How well these skilled ones bring out from straw
What spell have they struck on water?
That a vapor drives the boat in water’
Go to london for in that shining garden 
the city is bright in the night, without candles
For Syed Ahmad Khan-e Arif Jang
Who is made up entirely of wisdom and splendour
Let there be from God all that he might wish for
Let an auspicious star lead all his affairs.

Ahmed was humming the letter when freedom fighters were ready to meet the king Bahadur Shah Zafar....
TO BE CONTINUED





FOR NEXT EPISODE CLICK ‘NEWER ARTICLE’ BELOW
to enjoy this time travel story from first episode just click the link:
EP I THE MUGHAL ECLIPSE

Above complete novelle of 'THE MUGHAL ECLIPSE' is also available on kindle,amazon.
The writer is a teacher and can be followed at fusion stories@facebook.com.
Asides spotting on social topics she writes online stories for middle readers and for all who want to decorate their digital library with more colorful and adventurous gala of books. Her story book 
1. BORN EXPATS: Journey of two migratory bird buddies is available on kindle as well. Her free online stories can be read just by click:

 1. ACROSS THE NILE( A time travel across pyramids, nile, jamia al Azhar, meeting with mummy queen and anacondas)
2. FUTURE EYE( time travel in future to combat against a vicious scientist, living at flying houses and explore new planets)
3. LOVE AT LAHORE FORT( A forgotten love story of prince Sharyar and a consort Irravati).
4. PRITHVI VS GHAURI (A time travel back in 11th century as warriors of Shahbudin Ghouri to unveil the false myth)

5. MY GUILTY STYLE ( A time travel back to Ottoman empire)
6. BORN EXPATS: Journey of two bird buddies (It's not a time travel but a travel story of two migratory bird buddies upon Kazakhstan,Iran, ubai,afghanistan,pakistan, india n china. A gala of multicultural adventures)
7. BURIED HATE & BORN LOVE IN WAZIRASTAN (A friendship hype of pakistani commando and of Chinese engineer)

FOLLOW: fusion stories@facebook.com.


disclaimer: all characters of the story are imaginary. they bear no resemblance to anyone living or dead.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar