I'm so excited to be posting about this new indie company, Life's Entropy. Life's Entropy was started by fellow blogger turned entrepreneur, Jane. Her blog is/was fantastic and her company is a great evolution of her blog (which is archived here). As part of a blogger set, I tried out one full size and six samples of their eyeshadows. The eyeshadows have a wonderful duochrome/shift to them and are incredibly beautiful on the eyes. I find these to be quite pigmented but as with all loose eyeshadows, I prefer wearing them with a primer. You can also wear these over a glitter fixative like Darling Girl's Glitter Glue or Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy for the strongest duo chrome effect. I also got a few other products (including a contour stick and lip tar facsimile) which I hope to review soon!
Where to Purchase: Life's Entropy
Price: $1.50 for 1/4 tsp sample, $6.00 for a full size containing 2.0 grams.
Do they test on animals?: The company does not.
Packaging: The samples come in a plastic ziploc bag and the full size eyeshadows come in a five gram jar (sifter optional) plus a paper box.
As always, the eyeshadows were swatched dry over a primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance) and the photos were taken in natural daylight.
Astral Imprisonment: Shimmery dark green with a medium green shift. I am such a sucker for a green duochrome. This will be fantastic to use in a smokey eye.
Dismember: Cool toned pinky beige with a red shift. On me, it was difficult to see the red shift, more of the satin beige came out instead. I'd recommend a glitter fixative for this shade.
Exorcism: Medium purple with a green shift. This is a color combination that a lot of indies have already done but it doesn't mean that it's not beautiful. The base color is super pretty in combination with the green duochrome.

Monkey Business: Shimmery medium golden brown with a strong gold shift. The gold shift is really coming out in my photos. It's a nice eyeshadow, not my favorite but I do think it's a shade that can pull more or less brown depending on your skin tone.
Owl Always Love You: Shimmer reddish silver grey with a strong silver-gold shift. Out of all the shades I got, this has to be my favorite. In the swatch I think you see more of the gold shift but there's also a tinge of pink that I see. This looks fantastic over a glitter adhesive.
Shadow Walk: Shimmery reddish dark brown with gold shift and sparkle. In addition to the gold, I also see pink and green shimmers to the eyeshadow. It may seem like a typical dark brown but it's not due to the intense amount of sparkle to it.
Turtle-ly Wicked: Semi-shimmery medium olive green with a strong gold shift. In all honesty, I got this eyeshadow because I have a tortoise. It is a really beautiful deep mossy green with a gold shift. The base green is a little satin/matte and the gold adds nice depth to the eyeshadow.
Formula:
The eyeshadows have carnauba wax added to them which helps make it less powdery and easier to apply onto the lid. I found them all to be fairly pigmented without primer and the duochrome effect still shows through. If you'd like to get a stronger duochrome look, you can apply the eyeshadow over a glitter fixative.
Conclusion:
I'm pretty pleased with my eyeshadows from the brand. I like the duochrome nature of the eyeshadows plus it seems like they have a nice range of neutrals with some bright colors. They do offer samples so it can be very economical to try the brand out. Turtle-ly Wicked, Shadow Walk, and Owl Always Love You were my three favorites from the set.
Disclaimer: I purchased these eyeshadows myself with a blogger discount. All opinions are my own. I was not compensated for this review.
Formula:
The eyeshadows have carnauba wax added to them which helps make it less powdery and easier to apply onto the lid. I found them all to be fairly pigmented without primer and the duochrome effect still shows through. If you'd like to get a stronger duochrome look, you can apply the eyeshadow over a glitter fixative.
Conclusion:
I'm pretty pleased with my eyeshadows from the brand. I like the duochrome nature of the eyeshadows plus it seems like they have a nice range of neutrals with some bright colors. They do offer samples so it can be very economical to try the brand out. Turtle-ly Wicked, Shadow Walk, and Owl Always Love You were my three favorites from the set.
Are there any colors from this set or from the brand that catches your eye?
Disclaimer: I purchased these eyeshadows myself with a blogger discount. All opinions are my own. I was not compensated for this review.



0 Yorumlar